If you are a University of North Texas College of Engineering faculty member, we will search for funding for your project if you send an abstract or paragraph describing your project to us.
Knowledgeable staff can answer your questions about specific deadlines and details related to grants and funding opportunities.
- Proposal Development Process
- Pre-Award Timeline
- Pre-Award Process
- The UNT Faculty Research Grant Program
- RSGs - Research Seed Grants, awarded for amounts up to $10,000 from the Office of Research and Economic Development, are intended to enable research that seeds funding of extramural sponsored programs, or that bridges a gap in extramural support.
Applications Taken Year-round, Evaluated by 15th Each Month from September to June.
- Additional UNT funding opportunities
- Small Grant — This grant program provides stop-gap funding for unexpected and emergency needs outside of regular funding cycles.
Applications Taken Year-round
- Additional resources to search for funding-related information
- FedBizOpps - federal business opportunities
- Federal Acquisition Jumpstation - links to federal procurement information
- Foundation Center - the most authoritative source of information on private philanthropy in the U.S. Access to the subscription-based Foundation Directory Online is provided on a limited basis.
- Grants for Individuals - from Michigan State University Libraries. Subject categories make searching easy.
- GuideStar: the National Database of Private Organizations - information on U.S. foundations based on data from IRS Forms 990-PF from private foundations.
- Texas eGrants Search - competitive funding announcements available through dozens of Texas state agencies.
- Philanthropy News Digest - from Foundation Center. Click “RFPs” in the upper banner. Search by keyword or browse by subject
- Pivot - Research Opportunities, Funding & Profiles in One Single Place.
- NineSigma - An industry solution for broadcasting corporate needs to potential solution providers to stay ahead of the tech curve.
Guidelines for Requesting CENG Proposal Development Support (PDS)
PDS Budget Template
- Procedure for Approval of Cost Sharing
- Facilities and Resources - Talon 3.0
- Facilities and Resources - MRF
- Red Team
- Graduate Student Pay Schedule and Tuition Rates