Involvement in student organizations, especially organizations related to your field of study, has many benefits:
- Provides a network of peers interested in similar areas.
- Provides additional scholarship opportunities.
- Provides leadership opportunities.
- Explore topics and interests not covered in class.
- Allows opportunities for networking with engineering companies.
- Enhances career exploration.
Get involved and explore!
Many student organizations are branches of national professional societies. Please join organizations that interest you. Don’t feel limited to organizations in your own field of study. Much of engineering is interdisciplinary and student organizations offer a simple way to get a taste of many areas of engineering.
The following are the member organizations of the Council of Engineering Organizations:
For more information, visit the Council of Engineering Organizations website or view the organizations' brochure.