The ASEE Gulf Southwest Conference 2023 will be hosted by University of North Texas College of Engineering at UNT Discovery Park from March 15 to March17, 2023.
This year, the conference theme is “Building the Future Workforce Collaboratively” and it focuses on:
We will have tracks for
- Workshops to learn new opportunities and strategies.
- Designing for Diversity
- NSF grants
- NIH grants
- Mission centric grants: NASA, DOD, DARPA
- Sessions organized in themes of
- Successful transitions to college from schools and community colleges
- Undergraduate research programming in Universities
- Growing computer science pathways to graduate school, artificial intelligence/machine learning/information technology for non-CS majors
- Curricular success
- Teaching pedagogy
- Experiential learning strategies throughout the 4 year undergraduate degree
- Research integration in education
- Undergraduate and Graduate poster session competition (these will require a full paper submission)
You are encouraged to submit an abstract after which you will receive an opportunity to select options to
- Submit a full conference paper that will be available through the ASEE paper management system beyond the conference
- Submit an extended abstract responding to a template providing a scope of your talk
About ASEE & Gulf Southwest Conference
Founded in 1893, the American Society for Engineering Education is a nonprofit organization of individuals and institutions committed to furthering education in engineering and engineering technology. It accomplishes this mission by:
- promoting excellence in instruction, research, public service, and practice;
- exercising worldwide leadership;
- fostering the technological education of society; and,
- providing quality products and services to members.
In pursuit of academic excellence, ASEE develops policies and programs that enhance professional opportunities for engineering faculty members and promotes activities that support increased student enrollments in engineering and engineering technology colleges and universities. Strong communication and collaboration with national and international organizations further advances ASEE’s mission.
The Gulf-Southwest Section of ASEE represents ASEE members in New Mexico, Texas, and Louisiana. Through the Gulf-Southwest Section, members participate in professional activities at the local level, and form regional networks of educators with common interests and goals. Section activities include conducting an annual section conference; conducting workshops and professional development activities for faculty members and administrators; sponsoring awards for professional excellence; and issuing newsletters.