National Science Foundation (NSF):
- Faculty Early Career Development Program (CAREER) Mid-July 2018, $400-500K for 5 years
- Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) Research Initiation Initiative (CRII) Early August 2018, a maximum of $175K for 24 months
National Institutes of Health (NIH):
- Next Generation Researchers Initiative:
- NIH Director's New Innovator Award (DP2) Early September, a maximum of $1,500K for up to 5 years.
- NIH Director's Early Independence Award (DP5 - Clinical Trial Optional) LOIs: August, 2018, Full proposal: Early September 2018, $250K direct costs per year, plus F&A costs for up to 5 years.
- Research Training and Career Development (K series, Standard due dates):
- Outstanding New Environmental Scientist Award (ONES) (Limited) LOI: Late January, Full proposal: February, $250K per year, up to 5 years.
Department of Defense (DOD)
- Air Force Young Investigator Research Program (YIP) Early June, $150K per year for 3 years.
- Office of Naval Research (ONR) Young Investigator Program (YIP) Mid-Late September, up to $170K per year for 3 years.
- DARPA Young Faculty Award (YFA) Early December, 24-month base period, a maximum of $250K per 12-month phase.
- Army Research Office (ARO) Young Investigator Program (YIP) Proposals submitted at any time, BAA expires March 31, 2022, $120K per year for 3 years.
Department of Energy (DOE)
- Early Career Research Program (ECRP) Pre-Proposal: Late January, Full proposal: Early April, a minimum of $750K over 5 years.
Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Awards Early January, $5K for one year.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Early Career Faculty (ECF) SpaceTech-REDDI NOIs: Late February, Full proposal: March, a maximum of 3 years, typically $200K per year.
- Nancy Grace Roman Technology Fellowships for Early Career (ROSES) NOIs: Late January 2019, Full proposal: March 2019
- New Early Career Fellowship Program (NIP) in Earth Science (ROSES) 2018 TBD
- Early Career Investigator Program in Heliophysics Step-1: March, Step-2: June, a maximum of $175K per year, up to 5 years.
National Institute of Food and Agriculture
Health Effects Institute
- Walter A. Rosenblith New Investigator Award 1-2 awards per year, $150K per year, up to 3 years.
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
- Gulf Research Program Early‐Career Research Fellowships Early December, $76K for 2 years.
American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund
- Doctoral New Investigator Grants (DNI) ~75 awards, Late September, $110K over 2 years.
Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Sloan Research Fellowship ~126 awards, Nomination: Summer, Full proposal: September, $65K, 2 years.
Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
- Moore Inventor Fellows (Limited) Nomination: February, Full proposal March, $675K over 3 years.
- Beckman Young Investigator LOI: August, $600K for up to 4 years