Undergraduate research and learning opportunities
Undergraduate research is conducted by students through a number of ways
- National and International Team Competitions mentored by a number of external industries, technical professional organizations.
- Individual research with faculty.
- Request a faculty mentor for undergraduate research, if you don't already have one and are not sure how to approach to a faculty member.
- Submit your information, if you are already doing research with a faculty mentor.
- Attend the Showcase of Undergraduate Research in Engineering (SURE) Poster Presentation Competition.
- Senior Capstone Design Courses
REU opportunities at UNT:
|REU in Computer Science and Engineering - Secure Software Testing for Web and Mobile||Feb 15|
|REU in Materials Science and Engineering - Advanced Processing and Materials Characterization||Mar 30|
REU opportunities outside UNT:
|REU at AccessComputing - For Students with Disabilities to Participate in Computing Careers|
Faculty and students, please provide information on new opportunities for undergraduates to experience research to Associate Dean for Undergraduates Nandika D’Souza.
Poster templates for students
You may be asked to make posters for a range of campus and off-campus opportunities. If feasible please use these templates. When we put them by theme it enables a good aesthetic for visiting future students and visitors.
Infrastructure Solutions: Structural, Material Design, Characterization and Analytical Techniques, Material Modelling and Simulations, Manufacturing and Machining of Engineering Solutions for Structural Applications
Poster templates for Infrastructure Solutions are available here:
Poster Template Infrastructure One Text Box
Poster Template Infrastructure Two Text Boxes
Poster Template Infrastructure Three Text Boxes
Biomedical Solutions: Research related to healthcare from the perspective of - biomaterials, biomechanics
Environmental Solutions: Research related to Renewable Energy and the Environment solutions that required new designs, materials, manufacturing or modeling