Career Center at Discovery Park
Students looking to get a leg up on networking, interviewing, or their job and/or internship search should reach out to Sean McNamara, the career advisor for the College of Engineering.
Sean is available to help students with:
- Interview prep
- Resume and cover letter review
- Job search tips
Appointments are available Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Students can call (940) 565-2105, email Sean.McNamara@unt.edu, or stop by Discovery Park C111 to make an appointment.
Internships and Co-ops
Get Real-world Experience
It’s a fact: Employers prefer to hire graduates with hands-on experience in their majors.
- As a UNT student, you have the opportunity to gain practical experience through an internship or co-op that will enhance your classroom learning.
- Working as an intern or co-op student gives you a competitive advantage in the job market.
- These opportunities can also provide you with insight into your future career.
Earn School Credit While You Work
There are several ways you can work while going to school:
- Parallel co-op allows you to work part time while simultaneously attending classes.
- Alternating co-op alternates semesters of work and school, so you work full time for a semester and then return to school full time.
- Internships allow you to work only one semester, often during the summer.
Depending upon your major, academic credit can be part of your internships & co-op experience.
- ORNL Pathways to Computing Internship Program
- Nuclear Engineering Science Laboratory Synthesis Program
- National Library of Medicine Associate Fellowship Program
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Fusion Energy Sciences Postdoctoral Research Program
- Summer ORISE Fellowship Opportunity at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Artificial Intelligence Summer Institute (AISI)
- Computational Science and Technology Advanced Research Studies (C-STARS) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Data Management and Curation Fellowship at the National Transportation Library (NTL)
- Geospatial Data Creation and Curation Fellowship at the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Intelligence Community Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program
UNT Career Center
The UNT Career Center provides many services to help students find and interview for jobs both on-campus and off:
- Help with interviewing skills and techniques
- Career fairs
- Workshops and seminars about job search and other career skills