The College of Engineering Research Services office provides comprehensive assistance to our faculty with their sponsored research awards. Research Services has two main functions: Pre-Award and Post-Award administration.
Pre-Award administration provides assistance in developing proposal budgets and budget justifications, collecting any necessary documents internal to the College of Engineering, and serving as the facilitator between faculty and the Office of Grants and Contracts (OGCA) during the submission of a proposal.
Post-Award administration supports faculty in administering their awards such as monitoring the award budget for compliant spending, planning future spending, reconciling project expenditures, and providing monthly spending and balance updates.
Research Services also provides full administrative support on all of sponsor project spending, including processing student hires, tuition payments, travel vouchers, supply/equipment purchases, and more.
Research Services Staff
Kendall provides CENG project budget analysis through monthly pcard and project expense reconciliations to ensure costs are allowable, allocable, and reasonable. She supports the AD by providing monthly project budget reports to CENG PIs.
Amanda provides administrative services for all MTSE sponsored projects’ spending activities, such as hiring RAs, processing tuition payments, purchasing lab equipment/supplies, and preparing travel reimbursement vouchers.
Rusty provides administrative services for CSE, EE, ME & BME sponsored projects’ spending activities, such as hiring RAs, processing tuition payments, purchasing lab equipment/supplies, and preparing travel reimbursement vouchers.
Yao reviews budget justifications, facilitates routing of proposal approvals, assists with uploading documents to sponsor application portals, and helps find funding opportunities. She acts as a liaison between faculty, OGCA, chairs, and deans.
- Funding opportunities in Advanced Manufacturing
- Funding opportunities in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Funding opportunities in Autonomous Vehicles
- Funding opportunities in Health Sciences
- Funding opportunities in Sensor Systems
Broader funding opportunities can be found at UNT Research and Innovation site.
- Proposal Development Process
- Pre-Award Timeline
- Pre-Award Process
- Additional resources to search for funding-related information
- Junior Faculty Funding Opportunities
- Guidelines for Requesting CENG Proposal Development Support (PDS)
PDS Budget Template
- CENG Cost Sharing Policy and Procedure
- Procedure for Approval of Cost Sharing
- Facilities and Resources - Talon 3.0
- Facilities and Resources - MRF
- Facilities and Resources - UNT Libraries
- Red Team
- Limited Submission Funding Opportunities and Application
- Graduate Student Pay Schedule and Tuition Rates