The College of Engineering Research Services office provides comprehensive assistance to our faculty with their sponsored research awards. Research Services has two main functions: Pre-Award and Post-Award administration.
Pre-Award administration provides assistance in developing proposal budgets and budget justifications, collecting any necessary documents internal to the College of Engineering, and serving as the facilitator between faculty and the Office of Grants and Contracts (OGCA) during the submission of a proposal.
Post-Award administration supports faculty in administering their awards such as monitoring the award budget for compliant spending, planning future spending, reconciling project expenditures, and providing monthly spending and balance updates.
Research Services also provides full administrative support on all of sponsor project spending, including processing student hires, tuition payments, travel vouchers, supply/equipment purchases, and more.
Research Services Staff
Amanda provides administrative services for EENG and MTSE sponsored projects’ spending activities, such as hiring RAs, processing tuition payments, purchasing lab equipment/supplies, and preparing travel reimbursement vouchers.
Kendall provides administrative services for BMEN, CSCE, MENG projects’ spending activities, such as hiring RAs, processing tuition payments, purchasing lab equipment/supplies, and preparing travel reimbursement vouchers.
Yao reviews budget justifications, facilitates routing of proposal approvals, assists with uploading documents to sponsor application portals, and helps find funding opportunities. She acts as a liaison between faculty, OGCA, chairs, and deans.
- Proposal Development Process
- Pre-Award Timeline
- Pre-Award Process
- The UNT Faculty Research Grant Program
- Additional UNT funding opportunities
- Additional resources to search for funding-related information
- Junior Faculty Funding Opportunities
- Guidelines for Requesting CENG Proposal Development Support (PDS)
PDS Budget Template
- CENG Cost Sharing Policy and Procedure
- Procedure for Approval of Cost Sharing
- Facilities and Resources - Talon 3.0
- Facilities and Resources - MRF
- Facilities and Resources - UNT Libraries
- Red Team
- Limited Submission Funding Opportunities and Application
- Graduate Student Pay Schedule and Tuition Rates
Funding Opportunities Newsletter
- 2020-11 Issue
- 2020-10 Issue
- 2020-09 Issue
- 2020-08 Issue
- 2020-07 Issue
- 2020-06 Issue
- 2020-01 Issue
- 2019-11 Issue
- 2019-10 Issue
- 2019-09 Issue
- 2019-08 Issue
- 2019-07 Issue