The University of North Texas College of Engineering is adding a new 26,250-square-foot building to its Discovery Park campus.
The state-of-the-art building will house the Department of Biomedical Engineering and enable distance learning through connectivity and projectors. It will contain two large research labs, three teaching labs and three classrooms, one of which will be tiered and seat 175 students.
- Who is the architect and contractor?
- Where will the new biomedical engineering building be located?
- How big will the new building be?
- When will the project be completed?
- Will parking be impacted?
- Will the bus be impacted?
A look back at the groundbreaking
The groundbreaking ceremony for the new biomedical engineering building took place March 22, 2018. The special event included remarks from Department of Biomedical Engineering Founding Chair Vijay Vaidyanathan, UNT President Neal Smatresk, UNT System Chancellor Lesa Roe, and James Mayo, a biomedical engineering senior and one of the first students to graduate from the program this spring.