Undergraduate Advising

Degree Plans

All undergraduate students should contact their departmental advisor for assistance in building their own unique degree plan. Advisors can ensure that each student receives detailed information regarding requirements and expectations for their respective degree and education path. Students can discuss their degree plan with their research advisor, or if the student does not have a research advisor, they can discuss the degree plan with a MEE faculty advisor.

Examples of recommended curriculum and degree plans:

Degree Audits

Each student must have a degree audit on file in order to graduate. A degree audit lists all the courses needed to complete your degree and shows how all the courses you have completed are being applied toward your degree. You will work with your departmental advisor to obtain your degree audit after you have chosen a major and a minor, and completed approximately 45 hours of coursework.

Learn more about how to get a degree audit


Grad Track (BS/MS Accelerated Program)

The MEE department also offers a Grad Track program, a BS/MS accelerated program for MEE undergraduate students. The student can take a maximum of nine (9) credit hours of graduate courses while the student is completing the BS degree. These credits will be counted towards both the BS and MS degree.

> Learn more about the Grad Track program


Other Undergraduate Resources

The College of Engineering Advising office also includes advisors and counselors who assist students through support activities such as:

  • New Student Orientations
  • Assistance with registration issues
  • Choosing a major and/or minor
  • Clarification of degree requirements
  • Completion and final approval of degree audits
  • Clarification of university and college policies and procedures
  • Referrals for university services such as tutoring and mentoring, financial aid and scholarships, disability accommodation, job-hunting and co-op education
  • Preparing degree audits
  • Filing for graduation

Schedule an appointment with a College of Engineering advisor