Dr. Shuping Wang
Office: NTRP F115
Faculty Page: https://faculty.unt.edu/editprofile.php?pid=1216
Areas of Research
Dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) components and networking
Guided wave and free-space optical interconnects
Polymer-based integrated optics
Dr. Shuping Wang is an associate professor of electrical engineering technology. Her research is conducted at the ETEC Photonics Research laboratory, which is equipped with state-of-the-art hardware and software. She has teaching, industrial, and research experience. Dr. Wang's research interests include biomedical engineering, biomedical optics, electronics instrumentation and optics.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Alabama in Huntsville
- MS, Physics, Georgia State University
- BS, Electronics Engineering, Peking University
- C.H. Cheng and S. Wang, “Imperfect antireflection coating effect reduction scheme for birefringent interleaver and optical communication systems,” Optics & Laser Technology, vol. 40, pp. 1072-1077, (2008).
- S. Wang, C.H. Cheng, Y. Lu, and C. Wong, “Dynamic channel blocker/equalizer with high blocking extinction ratio,” Optical Engineering, vol. 47(2), (2008).
- S. Wang, C.H. Cheng, Y. Lu, and C. Wong, “Effect of an imperfect antireflection coating on a birefringent interleaver in an optical communications system,” Optical Engineering, vol. 46(9), (2007).
- S. Wang, C. Wong, and Y. Li, “Analysis of Retro-Reflector Introduced Spectrum Distortion for Birefringent Crystal Interleaver Filters,” Optics & Lasers in Eng. vol. 45, pp. 877-881, (2007).
- S. Wang, B. Borden, and R. Li, “Microfabrication of all-polymer capacitors for electronics,” Proc. of SPIE vol. 6724, (2007).
- S. Wang, B. Borden, Y. Li, and P. Goel, “Laser Direct Writing of Inorganic-Organic Hybrid Polymeric Optical Waveguide for Optical Integrated Circuits,” Proc. of SPIE vol. 6389, pp. 63890B1-7, (2006).
- S. Wang, S. T. Kowel, and C. A. Eldering, “Differential Detection with Polymer Spacer Etalon Modulators,” IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 16, no. 3, 448-452, (1998).
- S. T. Kowel, S. Wang, A. Thomsen, N. P. Wang and T. M. Leslie, “High Field Poling of Electro-optic Etalon Modulators on CMOS Integrated Circuits,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 7, 754-756, (1995).
- Reviewer, Optics Communications, Optics and lasers Technology, Technology Interface.
- Six years industry experience with Chorum Technologies, Albany International Corp., and SCI Systems Inc.
- University of North Texas Junior Faculty Summer Research Fellowships, 2005, 2006, 2007.
- National Research Council Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, 1996.