UNT Classes and Registration Page
Registration Tips for Engineering Students
When registering for classes, keep the following in mind:
- Log into MyUNT and review information on your Student Center page. The Student Center provides your Enrollment Dates (registration start date for the next semester) and your Holds before attempting to register. You cannot register before your enrollment date and/or until your holds have been removed.
- If you have an Advising Required Hold on your account, you must meet with your academic advisor before you will be allowed to register. Please contact the Advising Office in Discovery Park C104 or 940-565-4201 to schedule an appointment with your advisor.
- Check course prerequisites especially for math, lab science, computer science, and engineering classes. Prerequisites for a course can be found in the course descriptions section of the catalog.
- Check course corequisites especially for math, lab science, and engineering courses. Corequisites for a course can be found in the course descriptions section of the catalog.
- Use your degree audit and the suggested four year plan for your major as a guide, but remember that your schedule will likely differ depending on your starting point in math, as well as your chosen core and elective courses.
- Note the location of your class meetings to make sure you have at least 40 minutes to get between buildings and campuses. Most of your computer science and engineering courses will meet at the Discovery Park campus.
- Stay updated about the add/drop procedure and when the add/drop periods are.