Employers prefer to hire college graduates with hands-on experience. Denton’s location in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, which has the fourth highest concentration of Fortune 500 companies in the U.S., makes it easier for you to score the internship you need.
"CNN Money ranked Denton County as one of the nation’s Top 10 best places to live for job potential."
The College of Engineering has extensive relationships with industry partners that open doors for internships and full-time employment after graduation. Each semester, the Engineering and Computer Science Internship and Career Fair gives students and alumni an opportunity to interview with more than 90 companies, including GE Transportation, Google, L3 Technologies, Peterbilt and Stryker.
The College of Engineering has more than 9,000 alumni, most of whom are in the North Texas region. Alumni also live in Atlanta, Denver, the greater Los Angeles area, the San Francisco Bay area and Seattle.
Notable alumni of the UNT College of Engineering include:
- Arebria Burr (’16), support analyst, Interstate Batteries
- Jay Chenault ('84), president and CEO, Custom Computer Cables of America
- Cassie Chin (’15), software engineer, Google
- Nelson Cichitto (’89), chairman and CEO, Avatier Corporation
- Kino Coursey (’09 Ph.D.), chief scientist, Daxtron Laboratories
- Latonya Davis (’12), global engineering group manager, Citi Bank
- Ben Derryberry (’12), mechanical engineer, Halliburton
- Ranette Halverson (’93 Ph.D.), chair, Department of Computer Science, Midwestern State University
- Lettie K. Haynes (’82), assistant vice president, technology services, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway
- Fazeen Issadeen (’14 Ph.D.), senior data scientist, Armor Defense
- Jason Lillard (’91), president and principal, Ridgemont Commerical Construction
- Andres Lopez (’17), systems engineer associate, Lockheed Martin
- Mike Maneshian (’11 Ph.D.), senior quality engineer, Tesla
- David Morse (’97), chairman and CEO, Multicam Holdings and president, Growth Paradigm
- Blake Miller (’15), site reliability engineer, Apple
- Alex Nuanes (’16), site reliability engineer, Trinity Industries
- Elaine Pettit (’95 Ph.D.), engineering fellow, Raytheon
- Hakan Seylan (’12 Ph.D.), senior research engineer, Netflix
- Jordan Simleness (’12), supplier quality engineer, Stryker Endoscopy
- Cesar Stastny (’04), director of development, Activision
- Nick Stradford (’14), front end developer, Apple
- Larry Sullivan (’92), partner group engineering manager, Azure loT-Things that move, Microsoft
- Marc Whitten (’96), vice president and general manager, Amazon