The materials science and engineering minor at UNT requires a total of 18 semester credit hours. Also see the UNT Undergraduate Catalog for more information.
- ENGR 3450 - Engineering Materials
- Plus 15 hours of materials science and engineering courses, at least 6 of which should be chosen from the four core courses (below)
- MTSE 3010 - Bonding and Structure
- MTSE 3030 - Thermodynamics and Phase Diagrams. 3 hours
- MTSE 3050 - Mechanical Properties of Materials
- MTSE 3070 - Electrical, Optical and Magnetic Properties of Materials
The remaining hours can be from any other 3000- or 4000-level materials science engineering courses.
Note: The prerequisite of MFET 2100 for ENGR 3450 is waived for students registering for a minor in materials science and engineering; however, the other prerequisites for ENGR 3450 (CHEM 1410/CHEM 1430, MATH 1710 and PHYS 1710) must be completed by students registering for the minor in materials sciences and engineering.