Communications, Signal Processing and Networking
This group focuses on design and development of advanced communication techniques to provide efficient and robust information transmission over wired and wireless networks.
This group has an extensive collaborative research program with the Computer Science and Engineering Department. Working in concert with academia and industry partners, the group is dedicated to research on:
- information and communication theory
- source and channel coding
- wireless communication and networking
Both undergraduate and graduate levels courses are offered by the faculty members in this group.
- Wireless Communication and Networking
- Information and Coding Theory
- Multimedia Processing
- Digital and Statistical Signal Processing
- Sensor Networks and Applications
Systems and Control
This group investigates state of the art research problems in robotics, power systems, and cooperative decentralized systems.
Faculty and students work on autonomous systems including wireless sensor networks, robotic systems, airborne networks, and networks of unattended air vehicles.
Research applications include disaster recovery, search-and-rescue operations conducted by teams of people, surveillance of ground-based targets by fleets of unmanned aerial vehicles and exploration of planetary surfaces by swarms of robots.
- Control Theory and Applications
- Robotics and Computer Vision
- Large-scale Dynamical Networks
- Power System
- Autonomous Systems and Decentralized Control
RF and Circuit Design
Faculty and students of this group are working on a wide variety of fundamental and applied problems in circuits and systems as well as their applications in communications, networking, geolocation, and vision processing.
This group offers many courses in RF/microwave/millimeter-wave circuit and antenna design at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
Designed circuit components will be implemented either on the board-level or on the chip-level.
- RF / Microwave Circuit and Antenna Design
- Low Power VLSI Design / Testing
- Embedded Systems Design
- Reconfigurable Computing
- Electronic Design Automation