Undergraduate Financial Assistance
At the University of North Texas, you will experience traditional college life and the quality of a private university at an affordable cost. UNT has been named one of America's 100 Best College Buys® for 16 consecutive years.
We are committed to helping you manage the cost of your education. About 75 percent of UNT students receive financial aid and scholarships totaling more than $330 million annually. This includes more than $39 million in scholarships. Types of financial aid you can receive include:
- Scholarships — funds awarded based on merit and/or need; no repayment required
- Grants — funds awarded based on need; no repayment required
- Loans — funds that must be repaid at some point
- Student employment — 3,800 jobs on campus and many more off campus
The Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships offers many resources to help students better understand their financial options. To find out how you can receive assistance with funding your education, visit Student Financial Aid & Scholarships in the Eagle Student Services Center, Room 228, or call (940) 565-2302.
Have a specific question? Visit AskUNT to find answers or ask your own questions.
The engineering technology department also offers scholarships to qualified students. Applications, including due dates for the submission of completed materials, are available in the Department Office, Room F115, UNT Research Park. Here is a list of the scholarships the department has available:
- Boeing Scholarship - Awarded to an undergraduate student majoring in electrical engineering technology.
- President's Excellence Scholarship - Awarded to an incoming freshman or transfer student whose major is engineering technology.
- Fritz Roberson Scholarship - Named in honor of a former department faculty member, this scholarship is awarded to either an undergraduate or a graduate student majoring in engineering systems.
- Jude Thaddeus Scholarship - Named in honor of a former educator, this scholarship is awarded to either an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in engineering systems.
- Departmental Scholarship - Awarded to either an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in engineering systems.
Professional Organization Scholarships
Many professional organizations offer scholarships to both undergraduate and graduate students. Learn more about professional organization scholarships.
Scholarship Applications and Resources
To view pdf documents provided by this website, you can download a free copy of Adobe Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader.