Dr. Vijay Vaidyanathan
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies
Office: NTRP F115
Faculty Page: https://faculty.unt.edu/editprofile.php?pid=1435
Areas of Research
Dr. Vijay Vaidyanathan is an associate professor of electrical engineering technology and the associate dean for undergraduate studies for the UNT College of Engineering. He has teaching, industrial and research experience. He has experience supervising senior projects as well as supervising graduate students in graduate work.
- Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1998
- M.S., Biomedical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1991
- B.Sc., Electronics Instrumentation, University of Bombay, India, 1988
- B.Sc., Physics, University of Bombay, India, 1985
- Vaidyanathan, V., Wiggs, R., Stohl, J. & Baxi, M. (2006, JUN). ALA-induced Fluorescence in the Canine Oral Cavity - Sspontaneous Animal Model. Phtomedicine and Laser Surgery, 24(3), 383-88.
- Vaidyanathan, V. Hobson, A, Kamego, S., McKean, J. & van Allen, R (2005, JUL/AUG). Design of an Ethernet-based Home Security System. Computers in Education Journal, XV(3).
- Vaidyanathan, V. & Fossum, T. (2004). A comparison of ALA-induced fluorescence from normal and inflamed gingiva in the canine model, SPIE Journal of Biomedical Optics, vol. 9 (5), pp. 934-939.
- Vaidyanathan, V., Rastegar, S., Fossum, T. W., Flores, P., van der Breggen, E. W., Egger, N. G., Jacques, S. L. & Motamedi, M. (2000) A study of aminolevulinic acid-induced-protoporphyrin IX fluorescence kinetics in the canine oral cavity. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, Issue 26(3), pp. 405-414.
- Vijay Vaidyanathan, Edward Chaney, Lee Self and Lonnie Langle: RFID based vehicle entry system with biometrics. Computers in Education Journal, Divsion of ASEE, Vol. XVIII, No.1, 52-63, January 2008.
- Sunil Putta, Vijay Vaidyanathan and Jaycee Chung: Development and Testing of a Nodal Resistance Measurement (NRM) System for Composite Structures, Elsevier, Measurement 41, 763-773, 2008.
- More than 12 years teaching experience and 4.5 years industrial experience
- More than $300K in funding from federal and industry sources
- 22 publications in refereed journals and refereed conference proceedings
- Faculty advisor for IEEE UNT student chapter
- Associate Editor of International Journal of Modern Engineering
- Division Chair for Engineering Technology - 2 conferences
- Review Panelist National Science Foundation (NSF); U.S. Civilian Research & Development Foundation (CRDF)