Dr. Nourredine Boubekri
Chair of UNT SACS Leadership Council
Office: NTRP F115
Faculty Page: https://faculty.unt.edu/editprofile.php?pid=1965
Areas of Research
Microlubrication in machining
Green manufacturing/Design for waste and pollution prevention
Quality systems design
Dr. Boubekri is the founder of the MSES degree with Engineering Management concentration. He has published extensively in research areas: Microlubrication in metal removal processes, production systems modeling and redesign, and project management. He has supervised more than 75 master's theses and doctoral dissertation in these areas. He has also consulted for a large number of legal cases involving product liability and workplace design.
- PhD, Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, 1983
- M.E. Manufacturing Engineering, Boston University, 1980
- B.S. Manufacturing Engineering, Boston University, 1980
- Boubekri, N. (2006). “Micro Lubrication in Drilling Steel: A Green Manufacturing Initiative” IIE Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida.
- Boubekri, N. (2005). ”Manufacturing Education Strategies in the 21stCentury” ASEE IL/IN Conference.
- Boubekri, N. (2003).“Innovation and Education Strategies in the 21st Century” The 10th International Conference on Concurrent Engineering”, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Boubekri, N. (2002, June). “Assessment of the Machinability of Steel in High Speed Dry Turning; a Summary of Findings”. Third International Conference on Metal Cutting and High Speed Machining, France.
- Boubekri, N., Chakraborty, P. & Sungkhapong, A. (2000). “A Performance of CBN and Ceramic Tools in Dry Turning of Gray Cast Iron”. Pacific Conference on Manufacturing, Detroit.
- developed and managed a CAM Laboratory at the University of Miami
- presented papers in Portugal, France, Egypt, Spain, and England.
- 19 competitive and industry grants totaling more than 2.5 million dollars
- ABET Program Evaluator