Dr. Mitty C. Plummer
Associate Professor Emeritus
Areas of Research
Dr. Mitty C. Plummer is a retired associate professor of nuclear engineering technology and the former coordinator of nuclear engineering technology program. He is a registered P.E. (Texas, California). He has supervised the nitrogen-powered car project.
- Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering, Texas A&M University
- MEng, Nuclear Engineering, Texas A&M University
- BSEE, Electrical Engineering, Texas A&M University
- Plummer, M. C., Davis, J., Bittle, C. & Smith, M. (2005). Building a Reactor Simulator as a Senior Project. ASEE National Conference, Portland, OR.
- Bogomolov, V. A., Kudryavtsev, I. N., Kramskoj, A. V., Pyatak, A. I., Bondarenko, S. I., Murinets-Markevich, B. N., & Plummer, M. C. (2004). “Effective Efficiency of the Pneumatic Engine for Automobile Transport”, Journal of Mechanical Engineering (Ukr), 7(2), pp. 64-72.
- Plummer, M. C., & Shirsat, V., (2003).“The Role of Bicycles in Sustainable Communities”.Sustainable Communities Review, Vol. 6, No. 1 & 2, pp. 31-33.
Plummer, M. C., Ordonez, C. A. & Reidy, R. (1998, Fall). Toward Complete Renewability in Transportation Fuels. Sustainable Communities Review.
- Ordonez, C. A., Reigy, R. & Plummer, M. C. (1998, June). Cryogenic Heat Engine Experiment, Advances in Cryogenic Engineering.
- ASEE Glenn Murphy Award winner, 2006.
- Honorary Professor, Ukraine Ministry of Education, 2003.
- Research projects totaling more than $462,000.
- 22 years of industrial experience with Synergistic Tech, General Electric, Sierra Nuclear Corporation, Nuclear Services Corporation and Nutech Testing Corporation.