Dr. Haifeng Zhang
Office: NTRP F115
Faculty Page: https://faculty.unt.edu/editprofile.php?pid=1436
Areas of Research
Characterization of piezoelectric materials
Modeling and experiment of piezoelectric devices
Dr. Haifeng Zhang is an associate professor of mechanical engineering technology. He has extensive research and teaching experience in mechanical design, engineering graphics, piezoelectric devices (resonators, energy harvesters, and actuators), and structure health monitoring. His research interests are: design, modeling and experiment of advanced piezoelectric resonators; innovative energy harvesting system; wireless sensors (pressure, electrical field) operating in extreme environments; new piezoelectric material characterization; nondestructive detection technology; and structure health monitoring.
- Ph.D., Engineering Mechanics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2007
- M.S., Solid Mechanics, Northwestern Polytechnical University, 2001
- B.S.,Engineering Mechanics, Hunan University, 1997
- H. F. Zhang, J. A. Turner, J. S. Yang, and J. A.Kosinski, "Force-frequency effect of thickness mode langasite resonators," Ultrasonics, 50, 479-490, 2010
- H. F. Zhang, J. A. Turner, and J. A. Kosinski, "Analysis of thickness vibration of C-axis inclined aluminum-nitrogen thin film resonators," Integrated Ferroelectrics, 9, 95-108, 2009.
- H. F. Zhang, J. A. Turner, J. S. Yang and J. A. Kosinski, "Electroelastic effect of thickness mode langasite resonators,"IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectric, and Frequency Control, 54, 2210-2218, 2007.
- Developed piezoelectric devices and NDT research lab
- Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control
- UNT LEG and FRG funds, 2008.