Dr. Elias Kougianos
Office: NTRP F115
Faculty Page: https://faculty.unt.edu/editprofile.php?pid=1396
Areas of Research
Analog and mixed signal IC design and simulation
VLSI architectures for multimedia
Wireless sensor Networks and the Internet of Things (IoT)
Dr. Elias Kougianos is a professor of electrical engineering technology. He has over 20 years of industrial and research experience with a proven track record of publications and mentoring of graduate students. He has graduated 6 Ph.D. and over 20 M.S. Thesis students.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Louisiana State University, 1997
- M.S., Physics, Louisiana State University, 1988
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Louisiana State University, 1987
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Patras, 1985
- Kougianos, E. & Mohanty, S. P. (2007). Metrics to Quantify Steady and Transient Gate Leakage in Nanoscale Transistors: NMOS vs. PMOS Perspective. Proceedings of the 20th IEEE International Conference on VLSI Design.
- Mohanty, S. P. & Kougianos, E. (2007). Simultaneous Power Fluctuation and Average Power Minimization During Nano-CMOS Behavioral Synthesis. Proceedings of the 20th IEEE International Conference on VLSI Design.
- Kougianos, E. & Mohanty, S. P. (2006). Effective Tunneling Capacitance: A New Metric to Quantify Transient Gate Leakage Current. Proceedings of the 38th IEEE International Symposium on Circuits on Systems, 2937-40.
- Kougianos, E. & Mohanty, S. P. (2006, OCT). The Effect of Transverse Energy on Electronic Bound States in Heterostructure Quantum Wells. Semiconductor Science and Technology, 21(10), 1472-77.
- Mohanty, S. P. & Kougianos, E. (2006, MAR/APR). Biosensors: A Tutorial Review. IEEE Potentials 25(2), 35-40.
- Industrial experience in semiconductor process integration, process and device simulation, and VLSI design.
- Worked for Texas Instruments, Avanti Corporation and Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
- 100+ refereed journal and conference papers