Dr. Elias Kougianos
Office: NTRP F115
Faculty Page: https://faculty.unt.edu/editprofile.php?pid=1396
Areas of Research
Analog and mixed signal IC design and simulation
VLSI architectures for multimedia
Application of Monte Carlo methods to the solution of PDEs
Dr. Elias Kougianos is an associate professor of electrical engineering technology. He has over 20 years of industrial and research experience with a proven track record of publications and mentoring of graduate students. He has graduated 2 Ph.D. and over 20 M.S. Thesis students.
He was also a co-founder of the Nano-System Design Laboratory (NSDL, http://nsdl.cse .unt.edu). For additional information, his CV can be located at http://etec.unt.edu/public/eliask/CV/CV_EliasKougianos.pdf.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Louisiana State University, 1997
- M.S., Physics, Louisiana State University, 1988
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Louisiana State University, 1987
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Patras, 1985
- Kougianos, E. & Mohanty, S. P. (2007). Metrics to Quantify Steady and Transient Gate Leakage in Nanoscale Transistors: NMOS vs. PMOS Perspective. Proceedings of the 20th IEEE International Conference on VLSI Design.
- Mohanty, S. P. & Kougianos, E. (2007). Simultaneous Power Fluctuation and Average Power Minimization During Nano-CMOS Behavioral Synthesis. Proceedings of the 20th IEEE International Conference on VLSI Design.
- Kougianos, E. & Mohanty, S. P. (2006). Effective Tunneling Capacitance: A New Metric to Quantify Transient Gate Leakage Current. Proceedings of the 38th IEEE International Symposium on Circuits on Systems, 2937-40.
- Kougianos, E. & Mohanty, S. P. (2006, OCT). The Effect of Transverse Energy on Electronic Bound States in Heterostructure Quantum Wells. Semiconductor Science and Technology, 21(10), 1472-77.
- Mohanty, S. P. & Kougianos, E. (2006, MAR/APR). Biosensors: A Tutorial Review. IEEE Potentials 25(2), 35-40.
- Industrial experience in semiconductor process integration, process and device simulation, and VLSI design.
- Worked for Texas Instruments, Avanti Corporation and Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
- 27 refereed journal and conference papers