All applications for graduate studies are made through the Toulouse School of Graduate Studies or the UNT International Admissions Office.
Applicants must submit Graduate Record Examination scores unless they are graduates of an ABET, Inc. accredited program. Applicants should hold an undergraduate degree in an engineering or technical field of study including appropriate physics, chemistry and calculus courses. Applicants not meeting this qualification may be admitted with a provision for removal of undergraduate deficiencies (the time required for degree completion could be longer than average). Admission to graduate study at UNT is described in the Admission section of the UNT Graduate Catalog.
How to Apply for Graduate Admission
You must apply to the Toulouse Graduate School and meet the minimum requirements for UNT graduate admissions.
- U.S. students must submit the Toulouse Graduate School application online by following the instructions at http://tsgs.unt.edu/apply.
- International students must apply online through the International Admissions Office by following the instructions at http://international.unt.edu/howtoapply. Applications and all supporting materials must be sent to the International Admissions office four to six months before the beginning of your intended term.
You must also submit the following materials directly to the Toulouse Graduate School (domestic applicants) or the International Admissions office (international applicants):
- Official transcripts and academic documentation from all schools attended
- A detailed resume that includes educational experience, relevant work history and research experience
- Standardized test scores (sent via ETS) including GRE and TOEFL (for international students) - graduates of ABET, Inc. accredited programs do not need to submit GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
TOFEL and GRE requirements can be found on the Toulouse Graduate School website: http://www.tsgs.unt.edu/admissions/programs.
Office of Graduate Admissions
University of North Texas
P. O. Box 305459
Denton, TX 76203-5459
(888) UNT-GRAD, (940) 565-2636
UNT International Admissions
It is important that all applicants know their admissions application deadline and complete all requirements by that date. Please contact the Toulouse Graduate School for application deadline information.
General Admissions Resources
- M.S. admissions process
- Toulouse graduate school
- Graduate overview site
- Request graduate information
- GRE and UNT testing services
- Take a campus tour