ETEC Academic Programs
The BSET degrees in the majors listed below are accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET.
- Construction Construction Engineering Technology
- Electrical Electrical Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Grad Track Offers an opportunity for eligible students to earn the BSET and MSET in 5 years. Students can take up to 9 hours of graduate-level courses to fulfill BSET requirements, be admitted to the graduate program, and count the 9 hours toward completing the MSET.
Nuclear Power Technology Certificate
Earn a Texas A&M Certificate in Nuclear Power Technology by taking 12 credits of NUET courses in Engineering Technology. The Certificate features online instruction from A&M and a face-to-face component at Discovery Park.
Enrollment & Graduation Data
- Engineering Technology, MS Degree options:
- Thesis: 30 credits including a 3-credit Seminar and a 6-credit Thesis
- Project: 33 credits including a 3-credit Seminar and a 3-credit Project
- Course: 33 credits including an integrative course at the end of the program
- Doctoral opportunities with multiple career paths: Students completing the MSET with a Thesis and satisfying other eligibility requirements may continue to earn a Ph.D. in other engineering fields within the College of Engineering at UNT. In addition, MSET graduates may pursue PhD studies in management, in engineering, or in technology, or obtain a Doctor of Engineering (DE) degree offered by several Universities. Some candidates may be interested in the Doctor of Jurisprudence (JD) degree for example in patent law, as well as doctoral programs in education such as the DEd and PhD.