The Department of Engineering Technology's undergraduate advisor is Dr. Robert Hayes.
To set up an advising appointment contact us at:
University of North Texas Discovery Park
3940 N. Elm, Suite F-115
UNT recommends that all undergraduate students contact an advisor for assistance in building their own unique degree plan. Advisors can ensure that each student receives detailed information regarding requirements and expectations for their respective degree and education path. Students can discuss their degree plan with their research advisor, or if the student does not have a research advisor, they can discuss the degree plan with an ET faculty advisor.
The following are examples of recommended undergraduate courses of study:
- Construction Engineering Technology sample course of study
- Electrical Engineering Technology (Electronics Emphasis) sample course of study
- Mechanical Engineering Technology sample course of study
Each student must have a degree audit on file in order to graduate. A degree audit lists all the courses needed to complete your degree and shows how all the courses you have completed are being applied toward your degree. You will work with your departmental advisor to obtain your degree audit after you have chosen a major and a minor, and completed approximately 45 hours of coursework.
Other Undergraduate Advising Resources
College of Engineering Advising Office
The College of Engineering advising office also includes advisors and counselors who assist students through support activities such as:
- New Student Orientations
- Assistance with registration issues
- Choosing a major and/or minor
- Clarification of degree requirements
- Completion and final approval of degree audits
- Clarification of university and college policies and procedures
- Referrals for university services such as tutoring and mentoring, financial aid and scholarships, disability accommodation, job-hunting and co-op education
- Preparing degree audits
- Filing for graduation
To schedule an appointment with one of the College of Engineering advisors or counselors, visit the College of Engineering Advising page.
General University Resources
- College of Engineering Viewbook
- UNT Undergraduate Overview
- UNT Career Center
- Office of Internships and Co-Ops
For Transfer Students
- UNT Transfer Guide
- Transferring Credits
- Required tests and exemptions
- Advanced Placement (AP) and Credit by Exam (CLEP)
For International Students
For Honors Students
General Advising Policies
To view pdf documents provided by this website, you can download a free copy of Adobe Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader.