The student must satisfy all general admission requirements of the Electrical Engineering Department as follows:
- Competitive score on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE); or graduation from the UNT undergraduate Electrical Engineering Program or a related program at UNT with an overall GPA of 3.0 or better within three years of earning the Bachelor's degree.
- Acceptable scores on the TOEFL for applicants whose native language is not English.
- A GPA of at least 3.0 on undergraduate Electrical Engineering course work.
- Course work in mathematics
Leveling courses will be required for applicants with degrees other than Electrical Engineering. The leveling courses include:
- Mathematics through multivariable calculus
- Physics including mechanics, electricity and magnetism
- EENG 2620, Signals and Systems
- EENG 2710, Digital Logic Design
- EENG 3520, Electronics II
- EENG 3710, Computer Organization
- EENG 3810, Communication Systems
An overall evaluation of credentials is used as a basis for admission to the program.
How to Apply
- Submit an online application at Apply Texas by the deadline.
- Submit standardized test scores (GRE, TOEFL, etc.) to UNT. The UNT school code for the GRE and TOEFL is 6481.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended, three recommendation letters, and other relevant information to:
1155 Union Circle #305459
Denton, Texas 76203-5017
The application deadlines for Domestic students are July 15th for Fall semester and November 15th for Spring semester.
The application deadlines for International students are March 15th for Fall semester and September 15th for Spring semester.
Application Deadline for TA Applications
The application deadlines for full consideration for all departmental fellowships and assistantships are March 1st for Fall semester and October 1st for Spring semester